At Edgestone Partners, we offer advice and solutions in the areas of retirement planning, asset management, risk management, estate planning, education funding and business planning. A solid financial plan will take into account the questions listed below.
Time is the most crucial factor in developing a well thought out plan.
The earlier you start the process, the more success your plans will have.
ADVICE & SOLUTIONS
• What rate of return am I earning?
• Is my portfolio rate of return competitive?
• What rate of return do I actually need to achieve my goals?
• What management fees am I paying?
• How much risk should I be taking?
• Are my investments tax effective?
• Is my portfolio diversified?
• How much do I need to retire?
• Will I outlive my money?
• When do I want to retire? Full time or part time?
• How will income tax affect my plans?
• What do I need to know about government benefits?
• How does my company pension plan fit into my personal planning strategy?
• How much money will my family or company need in the event of my death?
• What happens if I become sick or hurt?
• What does long term nursing care cost?
• Do I have a sufficient emergency reserve fund?
• Are my debts under control?
• Are all of my documents up to date? (Will, power of attorney,etc)
• How do I divide and transfer my assets?
• How do I minimize taxes?
• Should I be using trusts?
• How much will my children’s education cost?
• Which school will they want to attend?
• Have I utilized available government benefits?
• Is my partnership agreement up to date?
• How will I get money out of my business tax effectively?
• How do I integrate personal and business planning?
• How can I compensate and retain key personnel?
• How can my business survive with the sudden death or illness of a partner?
• Should I have a staff benefit or retirement plan for my employees?